The advantages of this plugin:
* Enabling and disabling the banner
* Display banners in different areas.
* Ability to display a banner depending on any special field (category, tag,…).
* Ability to display a banner depending on the language using the field filter.
* Ability to add/edit a script banner ( since 1.2).
* Ability to display a random banner ( since 1.2.1).
1. Unzip the file and place the folder wp-addpub in the directory plugins wordpress wp-content plugins
2. Activate the plug wp-addpub
3. Go on the management of banners in the Options> WP-Addpub
Add the following line in your theme:
<?php wp_addpub ( "bannerID=1" ) ; ?>
The parameter of the function is a string that contains variables:
* bannerID : Id of the banner
* zone: a text field that can be used to identify an area of your page (eg sidebar,… footer)
* filter: a text field that can be used as a criterion for display (ie value: French, English or Category1, Category2…)
* random : display a random banner (random=true) (since version 1.2.1)
These variables can be used separately or together (example: “zone=sidebar&filter=EN”)
3. Insert your banner, I am using html code:
4. Go to the index.php in your template insert this code : <?php wp_addpub ( “bannerID=1″ ) ; ?>
5. See the result on your blog : (running text)